Subject: Re: Grid Texture for Gradiant Surface...
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 1995 20:30:56 -0400

>Then I played with the size settings etc 
>and I still couldn't get it to appear gradiant. But when I loaded the cube 
>into the scene, it renders perfect and is about the same height as my 
>text so I assume that the settings are remotly correct! 

But is your text CENTERED on the origin?  If it's been saved from 
Modeler  as being displaced even one meter, it'll get one side or
the other of the texture color or surface color.  

Center your text object in Modeler and re-save.  Measure the
HEIGHT of the text.  If it's not exactly one meter tall, like the
example cube is, then Size it down to the one meter point (ei,
500 mm above and below the X and Z axis.

IF your text HAS to be the size it is, then the gradient falloff
value and center will need to be recomputed simply by measuring
the height of the text on the Y AXIS from the Origin and pluging
this value into the Y axis Texture Center on the Surface Color
Grid Texture.  This will move the START of the Grid Texture,
which is simply set to a 100% solid coverage with Line Size = 1,
to the top of the text.  Next divide the TOTAL heigth of the text
above and below the origin by 100 and enter the result as the
new Y axis Texture Falloff.  This will cause the solid Grid to
gradiate from 100% TEXTURE color at the top of the text to
0% color, in other words to 100% SURFACE color, at the bottom.

Oh, and BTW, when Grid line size is set to 1, Texture SIZE has
NO effect, since it has become a solid surface.

Dean
--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]